Monday, March 8, 2010

Under 25 and living life

I am almost 31 , I still consider myself young enough to wear some of the fashions I will be talking about in this section. However, generally the following sites are targeted to those of high School and college age.

Skate and surf- Spring Break is coming up and if your plans involve ocean and sand , you might want to get some new digs. When I think about this California originated trend in clothes, Pacific Sun (PacSun)or Roxy comes to mind usually. Recently I came upon a site online called Tilly's. Tilly's is the hottest retail chain store that sells the most sought out west-coast lifestyle clothing, shoes, and accessories. Tilly's offers a wide assortment of brands such as Volcom, RVCA, Billabong, LRG, Hurley, FOX, DC and Infamous catering to today's active youth culture. Now operating over 110 stores throughout California, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia.

So I decided to go through Tilly's website and show you key pieces that could change your whole wardrobe. EXHIBIT A - The Polaroid shirt.I really love this idea with the scattered pictures in the front that form a rose. The back of the shirt is shredded so ladies you may not be able to wear a bra with this one. Click on the picture below for further information.



EXHIBIT B- A layered top with lace and sheer floral .click the picture for further pictures and information


Exhibit C - truth dahlia dress



Streetwear - My little brother lives outside of the United States. He is forever partying and needing the hottest clothes and shoes. He is always emailing me wishlists. Usually they consist of Aeropostale and American Eagle. He has about 15 pairs of Vans most of them he picked out from But, for Christmas 2009 he sends me a wishlist from a site called Karmaloop. Karmaloop is an online re-seller of name brand underground streetwear & fashion for men and women. They are located in Downtown Boston, Massachusetts. This site is hands down the hottest site for those 18-25 interested in global culture and streetwear. As usual I created a slide show to illustrate my point. Besides clothes and shoes, they have pillow cases ,watches, bags, sunglasses, etc available from a virtual sea of eclectic designers (including but not limited to Gwen Stefani , Betsey Johnson , and Tarina Tarantino) . If I was in my early 20s again this site would be my shopping home. Of Course this wont stop the single shopaholic I am from sampling a few of those hot dresses for social events and dating.

Click the banner below for the coupon and Karmaloop's website .
Karmaloop.com


A sampling from the plethora of brands available from Karmaloop


A company very similar to Karmaloop is EastWestWorldwide. Born in 1997 from a 2 door operation located in Long Island,NY , they eventually grew to an online global site . EASTWEST is a mash-up of all things counter culture embedding the company's passion for music, roots in vinyl and battle records,and their love for sports in their products. The company only carries Male oriented products, so ladies pay attention for your mans birthday or Christmas EASTWESTWORLDWIDE.com EASTWEST so banging its busted so dope its disgusting

No comments:

Post a Comment