Sunday, March 7, 2010

My fashionable approach to the fitflop / shape ups craze

Recently I went to the doctor , he had on his usual dress shirt and pants, but on his feet were some funny looking sneakers. I couldn't help but to ask him what was up with his shoes . He answered with "shape ups". I had seen them before in magazines and online ,but never on someones feet. I thought they were monstrous , but he had nothing but rave reviews about them . Apparently the benefits from this chunky rocking horse shoe , overrode all his fashion instincts. Well I wanted to try it too of course so I decided to find a fashionable approach to this new trend .


My advice: Whether you are a man or woman, if your going to wear Shape ups to work or you want to look less casual , I suggest getting the work shapeups or any of them that is one single color. If your a nurse they have the mary jane types you can wear with white stockings. Since I am a pharmacist , I would get the plain black mary janes and wear with either sheer or black stockings.
If you watch the video skechers provides on their site or view the illustrations of the shoes on both genders, you quickly realize they look better on women. I think its because usually our feet are smaller and there are more style combinations available for us. Also , it seems to be quite interesting that 90% of the women shown have on capris or mid-calf leggings -why because they would look stupid in full blown pants as illustrated by the guy in the jeans standing in the photo. So wear capris or bootcut jeans if your a girl. For men wear jeans that are not tapered at the bottom because you need enough width there to fall over the shoe to hide some of the chunkiness and please boys get dark colors or one tone if you don't want me to point and laugh in the streets.

I, personally refuse to wear close-toed shoes if I don't have to - why? because nothing is worse than wearing your cute sandals in the spring or summer with a blaring corn/bunion out for all to see. So I opted to get myself a fitflop first to try the trend. I ordered a black patent one which you can view in the slides I made for you below. I haven't received it yet ,but when I do I will update you with my opinion.Click here to get my choice fitflop or see others at at

Below is the slide show


get skechers here----->

No comments:

Post a Comment